The UniTunes@HELP broadcast station delivers programs via live streaming on the HELP website. Students can engage in live talk shows as hosts, or as DJs on music programs, or as music performers.
“Our faculty members have a good blend of specialisation in communication and working experience, thus ensuring students gain professional growth and personal enrichment. Courses are continuously evaluated and updated so that they stay current and relevant to the evolving professional and personal needs of our students and fulfil industry expectations.”
– Dr Khairuddin Othman, Dean of the HELP University Faculty of Communication
Dr Khairuddin’s distinguished career includes working at The New Straits Times, TV3 and AC Nielsen. He was Chief Executive of Akademi TV3 and CEO of TV3 Ghana. He also served as Head of Advertising and Broadcasting at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM). He is a media consultant to the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Clubs and societies at the School of Communication:
- BComm Voice Student Council
- Radio Club
- Institute of Public Relations Malaysia Student Association (IPRMSA)
- Creative Production Society
- And over 40 other sports, hobbies and special interest clubs and societies at HELP University.
State-of-the-Art studios in the Faculty of Communication
The Faculty is equipped with professional and industrial standard film and broadcast studios and equipment to enable students to make films, TV commercials and corporate videos. Hands-on work with these facilities prepares them for professional work anywhere.
- Panasonic AVCHD cameras
- iMac editing suites with Final Cut Pro software
- Dolly tripods and steady tripods
- Tungsten spotlights and fluorescent lights for 3-point lighting
- Wireless mics with receiver and transmitter
- Canon EOS 60D DSLR cameras with full HD filming capability