This program mobilizes students from any overseas institution to study at HELP University for a period of one semester to one year. Courses are available in most disciplines and are part of the regular undergraduate curriculum, enabling international students to study alongside HELP University students. The courses undertaken at the host university may be credited towards the students’ program of study at their own institution, subject to the academic regulations of the home institution.
Students are responsible for their own tuition, administrative, visa application fees and any other fees payable to the host institution. Students also have to bear their own cost of living, accommodation and transport (flight and land) expenses.
Application Terms and Conditions
- All applications are subject to the approval of the host institution.
- All applications are also subject to the issuance of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. If your Student Pass application is unsuccessful, you will not be granted entry into the Student Abroad Program at HELP University.
- If you submit any additional documents too late for us to submit the Student Pass application on your behalf, we reserve the right at all times to reject your application. Thus it is important that you submit all the relevant documents on time.
1. Check if there is a study abroad agreement between your university and HELP University.
2. Contact the officer in charge of the study abroad program at your university for further information about application procedures and admission requirements.
3. Browse our program catalogue to select your course. HELP University offers a large number of undergraduate and graduate courses in English. Generally, you will only be allowed to study in the area named in the study abroad agreement. As a study abroad student, you are advised to register for TWO subjects per short semester or FOUR subjects per long semester. This may vary according to the regulations of the relevant faculty, both in the home institution and the host institution.
4. Print out the Course Selection Form through the link. Choose your courses together with your department at your home university and complete all sections of the form. Have the form signed and stamped by the officer-in-charge of the exchange program at your home university and send the original copy to us. Your course selection must be approved and signed by your home institution and HELP University. Any changes must likewise be approved and signed by both institutions. Once your application has been approved, you will be notified by the host institution. The officer in your university will then inform you of the next course of action.
5. Complete the Global Mobility application form. All fields must be completed and submitted together with the required documents. Only applications received on time with full required documentation will be considered for approval. All relevant documents must be certified as true copies by the authorized signatory in your institution.
6. Upon receipt of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) you must immediately
apply for a single entry pass from the Malaysian Embassy/ Malaysian Representative Office in your country or in a neighbouring country as required below
( http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main-services/visa/apply-for-visa). Once you have obtained the single entry pass, you may purchase your flight ticket and prepare to enter the study abroad program at HELP University.
7. The acceptance and approval of the application into the selected courses is entirely at the discretion of the faculty of HELP University. If a course is not available for any reason, it will be replaced by one that approximates the original.
It is the requirement of the Malaysian Ministry of Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) that all students pursuing higher education in Malaysian institutions must meet the entry requirements of the relevant programs. This requirement also covers study abroad students who plan to study short term courses in the host institution.
All courses in HELP are conducted in English. It is a requirement that students who apply to study in HELP must have a suitable level of English proficiency. The general requirement for entry into a degree program is IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550.
- Nomination deadline: August 31 of the preceding year
- Document submission deadline : September 30 of the preceding year
- Nomination deadline: December 31 of the preceding year
- Document submission deadline : January 31 of the current year
- Nomination deadline: April 30 of the year
- Document submission deadline : May 30 of the current year
8.Documents required for Submission
- Completed Global Mobility Application Form
- EIGHT (8) passport-size (3.5cm x 4.5cm) photographs with WHITE background
- TWO (2) sets of photocopy of passport in A4 size paper (all pages from front cover to back cover) with a minimum of ONE year validity left upon commencement of the study abroad semester
- The transcripts and certificates of high school, college and university MUST be Certified True Copies, in English or English translation, and be submitted as additional documents for visa application purposes.
- Certified True Copy of evidence of English language proficiency (applicable to those studying at institutions where English is not the main medium of instruction)
- Course Registration Form
- A Pre-Arrival Health Examination Report must be submitted with your application for the Student Pass (Download Form)
- No-objection Certificate (sub-Saharan countries only)
- Non-refundable payments
upon application via bank draft, money order or telegraphic transfer. The breakdown of payment is as follows based on the estimated exchange rate of RM3.90 to USD1:
a. Application fee RM1000/USD256
b. Education Malaysia Global Services Visa Processing Fee RM1113/USD285
c. Education Malaysia Global Services Medical Screening Fee RM265/USD68
d. Education Malaysia Global Services Medical Insurance RM 530*/USD136
upon approval of visa and before arrival, via bank draft, money order or telegraphic transfer. The breakdown of payment is as follows based on the estimated exchange rate of RM3.90 to USD1:
a. Administration fee RM5000/USD1282
b. International Student Processing fee RM1520/USD390
All payments via bank draft, money order, telegraphic transfer should be issued in favour of “HELP University Sdn Bhd”.
9. HELP Residences application form and payment of General Deposit RM3700/USD1089 for Standard (Twin-sharing).
Accommodation information: https://help.edu.my/campus-accommodation/
Scan the bank transfer slip and the accommodation application form and email them to: email@example.com