PsychedTV is a collaborative effort between PsychAds and the Psychology Film Society (PFS). It is an event video announcement program which seeks to capture the attention of hundreds of Psychology students & to highlight the events happening in campus every week.
HELP Psych Short Films is dedicated to showcasing the various film works by Psychology students from HELP University. Check us out!
Psychologically Lovin’ It! The one and only student body website for Psychology Students@HELP University! HELPsych Gazette feature articles on various topics, event reviews and interviews with lecturers written by Psychology students.
HELP Film Society is a club where film enthusiasts and academic scholars alike come together to discuss, critique, share, and even make films. We seek to not only gain a better understanding of human nature through film, but also learn more about what makes a good film, provide opportunities for talent, contribute high quality films to the local film industry, and of course, have a good time!
FrequenC is a club for music lovers! We are a music group that aspires to share the essence of music to the wider public. Here at HELP, students are all welcomed to join us in our jamming sessions, practice and performances! We are proud to provide a platform for music lovers to unleash their talents and admiration!
Bohemian Café is a safe space for writers, artists and anyone with an appreciation for arts to come together and express themselves through music, poetry, comedy, dance, paintings, drawings, photography & all other forms of both performing and visual arts.
The Child Development Psychology Club’s main goal is to empower and improve the welfare of children. Not just that, we are here to raise awareness among our peers about the significant issues relevant to children and that all of us can play a role in enriching children’s lives.
Some of the many activities include visits to homes and centers (such as those for the disabled, autistic etc.), personal development camp for members, as well as workshops pertaining to: child development, social problems surrounding children and the corresponding appropriate interventions. On top of that, we have the biannual Janda Baik Project which offers a unique opportunity for one to embark on a meaningful journey with the orphans of an Orang Asli community in Janda Baik, Pahang.
- To ensure children have access to and in exercising their rights
- To raise awareness about children’s rights in the society
- To assist needy children in improving their standard of living
- To enhance one’s own knowledge and skill through hands-on experiences with children
- Bonding activities with children from children centres, homes and orphanages (every semester)
- Workshops pertaining to children issues
- Personal Development Camp for members
- Janda Baik Project (bi-annual)
- To create awareness among psychologists-to- be about mental health issues
- To discover more about psychological disorders
- To reduce the misperception on clinical psychology
- To enhance psychological well-being
- Congregate clinical psychology enthusiasts to learn more about psychological problems as well as promoting personal well-being
- To become a platform that will provide primary exposure to the field of Clinical Psychology and to cultivate interest among its members
A home does not need to be big nor ornamented, as long as our loves one are together. HELP COS is that one and only home. Community Outreach Society of HELP University (HELP COS) is an independent, non-profit organization established in 2006. Every year, groups of undergraduates will reach out to primary, secondary and university students by organizing camps with the hope of improving and inspiring their life. The club annual activities include: Inter-batch Games, Bonding Trip, Project C.
- General meeting (every new semester)
- Hospital Bahagia Excursion\
- Malaysian Mental Health Association (MMHA) Excursion
- Workshops related to Clinical Psychology
- Film Festivals
- Improve and empower important of education among children.
- Inspire children imaginations and increase their confidence and self esteem.
- Instill and cultivate compassion, gratefulness and high moral values among children.
- Community Service
- Project C
- Inter Game
- Bonding Camp
- National Members Gathering
We introduce: MUSIC therapy, HYPNO therapy, PLAY therapy, DANCE therapy, DRAMA therapy, LAUGH therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, and many more!
- Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- Garage Sale
- Talks and Exhibitions on various therapies
HELP University Toastmasters Club is part of a non-profit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. Through its thousands of member clubs, Toastmasters International offers a program of communication and leadership projects designed to help people learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking.
Toastmasters Club was founded by Ralph C. Smedley on October 22, 1924, at the YMCA in Santa Ana, California, United States. Throughout its history, Toastmasters has served over four million people, and today the organization serves over 260,000 members in 113 countries, through its over 12,800 member clubs!
- International Speech and Table Topics Contest (Club Level)
- Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest (Club Level)
JCI is the World’s Largest Non-Profit Youth Organization in more than 100 countries around the world which forms a vibrant global community of nearly 200,000 active citizens. JCI is an international nongovernmental organization with active participation in the United Nations system, JCI runs initiatives in collaboration with many organizations.
Each JCI Local and National Organization practices a one-year-to-lead self-governing system. Members hold elections for all leadership positions every year, giving many young people the chance to learn to lead.
Upcoming Events for 2013
- School to Work (Workshop)
- Special Children Day
- Business Talk
- Go Green Day
- Business Proposal Competition
- Pillow Fight
- JCI Week
- Online Awareness Campaign
- Youth Bonding Camp
- HELP Organ Donation Drive Campaign 2013
- Gift of Love 2013
MGC (Mind Games Club) are made up of students who are passionate in mind games – mental exercises designed to improve the functioning of mind. In this club, we design, explore, share and play games that require us to think and challenge ourselves mentally.
Holding onto MGC’s motto, “Empowering Minds”, we improve and unleash our inner strength through mind-challenging yet creative and fun games, for we believe in the unlimited potential of the brain.
- Amazing Race
- Treasure Hunt
- Mind Exercise
An independent PR & Marketing team initiated under the Department of Psychology. We are directly involved in marketing efforts within AND beyond the Psychology faculty. Of which, we strive to provide our most effective ideas, strategies, and manpower. We take on design projects as well.
We WELCOME anyone who has a passion in PR/marketing/designing and the passion to learn. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested to be part of our crew =)
- University Live
- Level 8 Makeover Project
- HELP Open Day