The Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Information Technology, and Bachelor of Information Technology with Honours are provided as part of an exclusive credit transfer arrangement with The University of Queensland. The BEng, BIT, and BIT (Hons) are The University of Queensland’s internationally recognised specialist degrees in engineering, computer technology and applications. The degrees include a central core comprising compulsory study in computer science and several affiliated areas.
- Introduction to Programming
- Internet Concepts & Infrastructure
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Programming in Java I
- Discrete Mathematics
- Application of Mathematics in IT + supplementary workshop
- Introduction to Data Communications
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Object-Oriented Modelling Using UML
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Programming in Java II
- Introduction of Computer Systems Engineering
- Multivariate Calculus & Ordinary Differential Equations
- User Experience Design
- Mobile Communications
- Data Structures and Algorithms
For Bachelor of Engineering, Years 3 and 4 are completed at The University of Queensland
- Assignments 50 – 70%
- End of semester written examination 30 – 50%
Any one of the following:
- HELP Foundation in Arts/ Foundation in Science
- Recognized Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0
- 2 STPM Grade C
- 2 A-Level passes
- 5 Bs in Senior Middle 3 (UEC) (including Mathematics)
- 5 CPU passes with a minimum average of 50%
- 5 SAM/TEE examination passes with a university aggregate of 50%
- A credit in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics** at SPM level or equivalent
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics** at SPM level or its equivalent.
Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics** at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, AND a credit in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics** at SPM level or equivalent
- Equivalent qualification
Note: ** A credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or equivalent is required for the Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Games and Interactive Media.
Together with our industry partners HELP University is pleased to offer scholarships for HELP information technology (IT) programmes. These include the Diploma in IT; Bachelor of IT (Hons); BIT (Hons) Business information Management; BIT (Hons) Mobile Computing; and B Comp Sc (Hons) Games and Interactive Media.
These programmes have been developed in consultation with the IT industry to ensure that graduates are prepared for the requirements of practice. We offer a mix of academic and workplace learning environments. When they graduate, our students embark on exciting careers with our industry partners. The Scholarship Scheme is part of a joint effort to develop a strong core of Malaysian IT professionals with the talent, skill sets and ability to contribute meaningfully to the IT sector. Our students have opportunities to acquire industry knowledge even while studying in university.
The scholarship is summarized in the table below:
|Any one of –|
|2016 Intakes||January 6, April 25, May 25, 24 August, October 10|
|Retention in the scholarship:|
The student MUST maintain full-time enrolment & complete the programme.
|For more information & to apply, please contact Mr. Steven Yong email@example.com|
* Refer to the HELP Scholarship 2016 of page 12
An application form is attached for your perusal. If you have queries or would like additional information, please contact Mr. Steven Yong (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving scholarship applications from you.