HELP University and the University of Waterloo, Canada, is offering an Actuarial Science Credit Transfer Program into the University of Waterloo’s Co-operative (Co-op) education system, which allows students to earn academic credits for their work employment whilst studying, not to mention a good salary! Graduates of the University of Waterloo are eligible to stay in Canada for THREE YEARS FULL-TIME employment upon completion of their degree studies.
1 year consists of 3 terms.
The regular program will take 4 years to complete assuming 2 terms are completed each year and 5 courses are taken each term. The Co-op program is identical to regular studies academically, however, work terms increases the length of program to 4 years 8 months. Students who are interested in pursuing the regular pathway complete two years at the ADP Department, HELP University College before transferring to the University of Waterloo for the final two years.
Students who are interested in pursuing the co-op pathway, complete one year at the ADP Department before transferring to the University of Waterloo for the remaining 3 years studies, and 8 months co-op.
- MA123 Calculus I
- MA124 Calculus II
- MA125 Statistics
- MA220 Introduction to Linear Algebra
- MA240 Differential Equations
- MA250 Probability
- AC201 Accounting I
- AC202 Accounting II
- EC101 Introductory Microeconomics
- EC102 Introductory Macroeconomics
- Free Elective I
- Free Elective II
- Students must complete at least ONE full year at HELP University College prior to attending the University of Waterloo.
- Admissions for regular studies, students must attain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 and a GPA of at least 3.7 in their mathematics courses
- Admissions for co-op studies, students must attain a GPA of at least 3.7 and a GPA of at least 3.7 in their mathematics courses.